The stage is set for the NBA All-Star Game Sunday, March 7. Team Durant will be an All-Nets affair.
Kevin Durant, who represented Team Durant and remained captain despite not playing in the All-Star game due to his lingering left hamstring strain, played general manager as he selected his team. The Nets superstar finished first in Eastern Conference voting and second behind Lebron James overall.
The Nets superstar admitted prior to the draft he did not do any preparation as he based his picks based off prior competitive play.
So. No surprise, Durant selected Kyrie Irving with his first pick and James Harden as his first reserve pick.
Kristian Winfield reports Durant has chosen the United Negro College Fund (@UNCF) for Team Durant to represent in the All-Star Game, which means Team LeBron will represent the Thurgood Marshall College Fund. The winner stands to net $1.25 million for their organization.
Below is the team Durant drafted in order.
Pick 2: Kyrie Irving
Pick 4: Joel Embiid
Pick 6: Kawhi Leonard
Pick 8: Bradley Beal
Pick 9: Jayson Tatum
Pick 10: James Harden
Pick 12: Devin Booker
Pick 14: Zion Williamson
Pick 16: Zach LaVine
Pick 18: Julius Randle
Pick 20: Nikola Vucevic
Pick 22: Donovan Mitchell
James, who represented Team LeBron, selected the first pick (and Giannis Antetokounmpo).
Where to watch
The All-Star Game will tip at 8:00 PM ET as Irving and Harden will represent the Nets. The game will be televised on TNT.
- Kevin Durant picks Kyrie Irving, James Harden to be on his NBA All-Star team - Brian Lewis - New York Post
- LeBron James takes Giannis Antetokounmpo first in 2021 NBA All-Star draft; Utah Jazz stars go last - Tim Bontemps - ESPN
- Kyrie Irving generation: Meet the NBA point guards who emulate the Nets star - Alex Schiffer - The Athletic New York
- 2021 NBA All-Star Game: Team LeBron vs. Team Kevin Durant Draft Results - Madeline Coleman - Sports Illustrated
- BROOKLYN NETS ALL-STAR GAME PREVIEW: KEVIN DURANT SELECTS KYRIE IRVING AND JAMES HARDEN - Tom Dowd - Brooklyn Nets