The Brooklyn Nets need help. Plenty of help. Healthy bodies. And plenty of them. And while SB Nation could have graced us with a “team sites beat writer” draft - let’s goooo, Pooch! - instead we were asked to draft Disney characters.
So, draft a Disney character I did.
Who did I pick?
Well, some background, first on the state of the Nets:
Yeah, the Nets need help. Lots of help. Especially when it comes to bigs.
Soooo, I went and drafted the Nets the biggest Disney character I could: Moana.
The biggest, you say? Yeah, the biggest.
According to Google, Moana measures at 7-feet, 6-inches tall. Say it again. 7-feet, 6-inches tall. And, with speed.
Let’s gooooooooo!!!! Matt Brooks, let’s get a film study going.
I literally have no idea what I’m doing when it comes to Disney-ing the Nets, but I think I did it. I think made the Nets better.
I mean, if we can’t have Pooch play, let’s opt for the best big in history of Disney.
Heard the Nets had an open spot... shaking off years of rust pic.twitter.com/ut5UdxhzpU— Anthony Puccio (@APOOCH) July 7, 2020
Here’s how the draft shook out (teams were picked in random order) - I got a steal at 10.
- Brew Hoop - Robin Hood
- The Dream Shake - Jiminy Cricket
- The Bird Writes - Simba
- SLC Dunk - Maui
- Hot Hot Hoops - Beast
- Bullets Forever - Mickey Mouse
- Silver Screen and Roll - Aladdin Genie
- Sactown Royalty - Hercules
- Bright Side Of The Sun - Tarzan
- NetsDaily - Moana
- Welcome to Loud City James P. Sullivan
- Orlando Pinstriped Post - Peter Pan
- Pounding The Rock - EVE (a.k.a. Eva)
- Raptors HQ - Alice (Alice in Wonderland)
- Clips Nation - Elastigirl
- Denver Stiffs - Mr. Incredible
- Blazer’s Edge - Mufasa
- Grizzly Bear Blues - Elsa
- Liberty Ballers - Air Bud
- CelticsBlog - Yen Sid
- Mavs Moneyball - Kronk
- Indy Cornrows - Trusty
How’d I do?