The NBA has suspended the 2019-20 season effective with the end of tonight’s games.
The league issued a statement early Wednesday evening, announcing the end of the season and that Rudy Gobert, the Jazz center, has tested positive for the disease.
The league said it would use the hiatus to determine “next steps.”
- NBA suspends season until further notice after player tests positive for the coronavirus - ESPN
- What we know and don’t know about the NBA’s suspension of play - Brian Windhorst & Tim Bontemps - ESPN
- The NBA Made the Only Choice it Possibly Could - Chris Mannix - Sports Illustrated
- The NBA Made the Only Move It Could - Howard Beck - Bleacher Report
- The NBA had no choice. Neither do the rest of us. Shut everything down - David Aldridge - The Athletic NBA
- N.B.A. Suspends Season After Player Tests Positive for Coronavirus - Scott Cacciola & Sopan Deb - New York Times
- Sports in silence will now be a shared surreal experience - Mike Vaccaro - New York Post
- The NBA just suspended its season until further notice after Jazz center Rudy Gobert tests positive for coronavirus - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
- NBA suspends season until further notice, over coronavirus - Tim Reynolds - AP
- NBA suspends season: What happens next for the league? - Kurt Helin - NBC Sports