Life comes at you fast, as we’ve all learned in 2020. So here’s the next set of dates which are mostly free agent related. It starts this afternoon. Thanks to Bobby Marks of ESPN for the details.
—November 19 - Team and player option deadline, 3 p.m. ET. Decision Day for Garrett Temple?
- YES Network’s “Nets Hot Stove” debuts at 7 p.m. ET
—November 20 - Free agency opens, 6:00 p.m. ET. Team can officially engage with free agents. Joe Harris is the big free agent for Nets.
—November 21 - signing day
- First-round selections can sign contracts. No Nets first rounders.
- Minimum contracts (two or fewer years) can sign.
- Restricted free agents can sign an offer sheet. Chris Chiozza qualifies.
- Third- and fourth-year rookie options can be exercised. Landry Shamet qualifies.
—November 22 - Free agents can sign, trades get finalized.
- Free agents can officially sign. 12:01 p.m. ET. Salary cap ($109.1 million) and luxury tax threshold ($132.6 million) remain the same as last season.
- Trades can become official. Nets have two, the 19th pick for Landry Shamet and the exchange of the 55th and 57th picks, both with the Clippers.
- Rookie scale and veteran contracts can be extended.
- Clock begins on offer sheets.
—November 23 - Trade exceptions that had been set to expire during moratorium will now officially expire. Nets have no such exceptions but other teams they could deal with do.
—November 26 - Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot contract becomes partially guaranteed, receives payment of $150,000.
—December 1 - Training camps open
—December 11-to-19 - Preseason games. Teams can play three or four games with one home game required. Will Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving suit up?
—December 19 - Last day to waive a player on a non-guaranteed contract and not incur a salary-cap charge
—December 21 - Last day for teams to sign players on rookie deals to extension. Applies to Jarrett Allen. Deadline for Bucks to re-sign Giannis Antetokounmpo to super-max contract.
—December 22 - Opening night. It’s been 561 days since KD was injured in the 2019 NBA Finals
- Luwawu-Cabarrot receives $250,000 guarantee.
—February 6 - Players signed in off-season can be traded
—February 24 - All non and partially guaranteed contracts become fully guaranteed. Luwawu-Cabarrot
—March 3 - Players re-signed via Early or Full Bird rights can be traded
—March 5-to 10 - All-Star Break minus the All-Star Game.
—March TBA - Trade deadline still needs to be finalized
—May 16 - Regular season ends
—May 17-to-21 - Play-in tournament for 7-to-10 seeds. The Nos. 7 and 8 seeds need to win win once to say in playoffs; Nos. 9 and 10 need to win twice to move up.
—May 22 - First-round playoffs begins
—June 7 - Conference semifinals
—June 22 - Conference Finals
—July 8-to-22 - NBA Finals
—July 23 - Parade in Brooklyn??