Kenneth Faried was arrested in Bridgehampton on Sunday morning and charged with being in possession of marijuana.
The news was first reported by 27east, a Hamptons news site, and confirmed by NetsDaily’s Anthony Puccio. The Nets are aware of the arrest and issued a statement:
“We are aware of the situation involving Kenneth Faried and are in the process of gathering more information at this time.”
Southampton Town Police told 27east that “Kenneth Bernard Faried Lewis, 29, of Denver, Colorado, was arrested on Montauk Highway at 1:30 a.m. and charged with fourth-degree criminal possession of marijuana, a misdemeanor.”
Police told 27east that Faried was the rear passenger of a vehicle that was stopped during a sobriety checkpoint and was found to be in possession of more than two ounces of marijuana. Police say they smelled “a strong odor of marijuana emanating from the vehicle.”
According to the police report, cash was also seized and he was released on $500 bail, 27east’s Valerie Gordon wrote.
Town Police could not specify how much money was seized. The two others with Faried, identified by police as Taurean Knuckles, 33, of New York and Atar Hajali, 25, of Georgia, were arrested for unlawful possession of marijuana and given appearance tickets. They were released in the field.
The Nets traded for Faried last month in a salary dump with the Nuggets that also yielded them a protected first round pick in 2019 and an unprotected second rounder in 2020. He is owed $13.8 million this season.
- NBA Player Kenneth Faried Lewis Charged With Marijuana Possession In Bridgehampton Arrest - Valerie Gordon - 27East
- Nets’ Kenneth Faried arrested for marijuana possession - Yaron Steinbuch - New York Post
- Nets’ Kenneth Faried charged with unlawful possession of marijuana - Steve Marcus - Newsday
- Nets’ Kenneth Faried arrested for marijuana possession - ESPN
- Nets’ Kenneth Faried arrested for marijuana possession: report = New York Daily News
- KENNETH FARIED ARRESTED FOR WEED ... Mug Shot - TMZ Sports
- Is Kenneth Faried committed to leading the Nets by example after his Hamptons arrest over the weekend? - Michael A. Scotto - The Athletic New York