Sarah Kustok is moving from sideline reporter to being YES' primary game analyst, joining long-time analyst Jim Spanarkel. Mike Fratello, who’s worked as a game analyst, now moves to the studio. Kustok will become the only woman to work as the primary solo NBA game analyst at a regional sports network.
As reported, Michael Grady will make his debut this season as YES' Nets courtside reporter, replacing Kustok. Grady is the 2016 Indiana Sportscaster of the Year, as voted on by the Indiana Sportswriters and Sportscasters Association.
Ian Eagle along with Ryan Ruocco will continue to handle play-by-play duties. Analyst Donny Marshall will not return.
"These moves strengthen what is already considered by fans and NBA insiders alike as the best local television team in the NBA," said John J. Filippelli, President of Production & Programming, YES Network.
"Sarah has proven herself time and time again throughout her five years covering the Nets for us, and Mike's move to the studio will enable us to take full advantage of his Xs and Os acumen gained from more than 40 years in the NBA.
“I’m psyched,” Kustok told the Road Trippin’ with RJ & Channing podcast last week. “It’s incredible… The opportunity to call games, this is not work. It’s a dream to get to do. You talk about being a female — I don’t always love the attention on that. I just want to show up and do my job and be a part of a team. It’s the opportunity to still be part of a team and have that adrenaline rush. It’s an incredible thing.”
- YES Network unveils revamped announcer lineup for 2017-18 Brooklyn Nets season - YES Network
- Sarah Kustok’s unplanned journey to NBA analyst’s chair - Hannah Withlam - New York Post
- Sarah Kustok promoted to Brooklyn Nets color analyst, breaking an NBA barrier - Ben Rohrbach - Yahoo! Sports
- Sarah Kustok named Nets’ primary game analyst on YES - Neil Best - Newsday
- Sarah Kustok's Promotion on YES Network Sets Her Apart From Other Regional NBA Analysts - Khadrice Rollins - Sports Illustrated
- Sarah Kustok is the new full-time analyst for the Brooklyn Nets on YES - Ken Fang - Awful Announcing
- Sarah Kustok, former Chicago broadcaster, promoted to Nets TV analyst - Phil Rosenthal - Chicago Tribune
- 'The Full 48' Podcast: Sarah Kustok Talks Breaking Gender Barriers in the NBA - Howard Beck - Bleacher Report