Cliff Alexander had another monster game and R.J. Hunter returned from a few days off, but their combined 55 points weren’t enough for the Long Island Nets to beat the Texas Legends in the Lone Star State, 121-110.
Alexander missed one shot, going 11-of-12 overall, including 2-of-2 from three, in scoring 28 points. The 6’8” power forward also grabbed 14 boards and blocked a shot. Over the past four games, the 21-year-old has averaged 21.8 points and 11.8 rebounds while shooting 60 percent overall.
R.J. Hunter who came back Friday from a two-game layoff, led the Nets late surge, finishing with 27 points on 8-of-19 shooting — 5-of-13 from three, 6-of-6 from the line. Both Hunter and Alexander came off the bench for big games.
Also playing well in the loss: Akil Mitchell, who joined the Nets from the Australian Basketball League, recovered from a 1-of-11 night Friday with an 8-for-13 performance and 17 points. J.J. Moore again had a good game with 16 points. Tim Quarterman, on assignment from the Trail Blazers, had 13 points, 14 assists and nine rebound. A lot of those assists went to Alexander and Hunter.
Manny Harris and Stephane Lasme of the Legends had 22 each and Pierre Jackson had 21.
Full game video is available here.
- Box Score: Texas Legends 121, Long Island Nets 110 - D-League
- Cliff Alexander posts 28 points & 14 rebounds vs. the Legends (Video) - D-League
- Highlights: RJ Hunter (27 points) vs. the Legends, 3/4/2017 (Video) - D-League
- Cliff Alexander rises for the jam (Video) - D-League
- Tim Quarterman posts 13 points, 14 assists & 9 rebounds vs. the Legends - D-League
- Legends Handle Nets - D-League
- Brooklyn Nets Ready For A D-League Success Story - Nick Agar-Johnson - Hashtag Basketball