One more to go. The Brooklyn Nets put together another excellent game and beat up the New York Knicks on Sunday night in Barclays. They’ve been quite impressive this month and has everyone feeling good about the upcoming season.
The opponent tonight will be the Philadelphia 76ers.
Where to follow the game
YES Network has you covered tonight. Tip-off (from Nassau Coliseum in Uniondale) at 7:30.
All clear for the Nets. Expect camp invite Milton Doyle to play. He’s the only Nets player not to take the court so far this season.
Richaun Holmes recently fractured his wrist and will be out indefinitely. Markelle Fultz is doubtful with right knee soreness. And amazingly, Joel Embiid is probable to play, after agreeing to a $148 million contract on Tuesday. The big guy has been working his way back following an injury-shortened rookie season and his return would have major ramifications.
As always with the last game of the preseason, the main goal is to make it out with everybody healthy and ready to go for the real games.
The good thing about having a young team is you can speed the game up and turn the kids loose. Brooklyn led the league in pace last season with the 76ers coming in fifth. They also love to throw up threes (Brooklyn was fourth and Philly was seventh in attempts per game) but struggled with their efficiency. With the roster improvements on both sides, their offenses promise to be more dynamic this season.
Having Allen Crabbe in the lineup will make things so much easier for Kenny Atkinson and the Nets. As soon as he came into the game on Sunday, he started dropping buckets and finished his night with three three-pointers made. His length and athleticism allows him to play three positions and as he fully ingratiates himself into the offense, he’ll be someone to watch closely.
Although one number one pick is unlikely to suit up, we’ll get a brief look at another top pick. Ben Simmons didn’t get to suit up last season thanks to a foot injury, but now that he’s back and is surrounded by a bunch of good shooters, we’ll get to see his passing skills on full display.
- Brooklyn Nets Game Notes - Brooklyn Nets
- Philadelphia 76ers Game Notes - Philadelphia 76ers
- What Nets are looking for in final ‘dress rehearsal’ - Greg Joyce - New York Post
- Nets expecting a breakout from Rondae Hollis-Jefferson - Greg Joyce - New York Post
- Playing Nassau Coliseum a blast from past for Nets’ Kenny Atkinson - Greg Logan - Newsday
- Hey, At Least Atkinson Has Some Options This Season - Steve Lichtenstein - WFAN
- Joel Embiid expected to play vs. Nets; Markelle Fultz doubtful - Keith Pompey - Philadelphia Inquirer
- Joel Embiid agrees to 5-year, $148M deal with Sixers - Adrian Wojnarowski - ESPN
- How The Process failed Jahlil Okafor - Jordan Brenner - SB Nation