The Brooklyn Nets are debuting yet another alternative uniform. They're calling it a "Remix" jersey because it's an amalgam of the Long Island, New Jersey and Brooklyn eras. The uniforms are inspired by the stars & stripes look of the Nets look in both the Nassau Coliseum and Meadowlands complex , remixed with a dark grey color that blends Brooklyn's' signature black-and-white.
The Nets will wear these during the home opener on Friday, October 28 vs. the Indiana Pacers at Barclays Center. They will wear the uniforms for an additional three home games and eight road games.
Well, of course Brooklyn had to be incorporated somehow!
The players seem to like them...
The remix unis indicates they heard the fans loud and clear. The stars & stripes jerseys were the first jerseys in Brooklyn that said the actual team name on the front. Fans seemed to love everything about it... other than the sleeves.
Over the last few years, it's been hard to pick out a player's jersey to purchase because guys were being traded left and right and/or being bought-out, stretched or waived Kudos to the marketing department for creating another great kit. We hope these stay long term... like the players.
The jerseys are available at Barclays Center's "Swag Shop" and will be available online starting September 19.
And in case you've forgotten, here's the timeline of Nets jerseys...
- Nets Unveil Brooklyn Remix Uniforms - Brooklyn Nets
- Brooklyn Remix Photo Gallery - Brooklyn Nets
- Brooklyn unveils new uniforms based on Nets’ 1980s look (Gallery) – Dan Feldman - NBC Sports
- Brooklyn Nets unveil new 'remix' alternate uniform - ESPN
- Brooklyn Nets release Remix alternate uniforms - Demetrius Bell - Chris Creamer's SportsLogos