The Nets two Olympians are headed to Brooklyn. Both Luis Scola and Bojan Bogdanovic were on the losing end of mens basketball quarter final games Wednesday.
Team USA blew out Argentina, 105-78, Wednesday afternoon, then Serbia upset Croatia, 86-83, later in the evening.
The losses were bitter for both. For Scola, it was the final game for Argentina's Golden Generation. For Bogdanovic, it was a loss to an archrival.
"We had a chance to grow up together and do some good things, win some games together. It was fun. It's a lot of years,"said Scola.
"Being eliminated in the quarter-finals vs. this kind of an opponent is tougher than it would be against some other one," said Bogdanovic.
Scola who played well in the Olympics finished with 15 points and 10 rebounds, his second triple double in the Olympics. He is likely to finish third in rebounding in the games, at 8.3 per game. Argentina jumped out to an early 10-point lead, but Team USA's talent advantage, particularly upfront, righted things and by halftime, the game was over.
Bogdanovic is the Olympics leading scorer. With 28 points Wednesday, Bogdanovic drove his scoring average over 25 per game, shooting 55 percent overall and 45 percent from three in six contests. He had also averaged 24.3 in the Olympic Qualifying Tournament. Croatia was locked in a close game with Serbia early before their defense collapsed in the third, when Serbia outscored them 34-14. A late fourth-quarter rally got Croatia within one, but Serbia won on a late flurry of foul shots.
- United States of America v Argentina Boxscore - 2016 Rio 2016 - Olympic Basketball Tournament (Men) - FIBA.com
- Croatia v Serbia Boxscore - 2016 Rio 2016 - Olympic Basketball Tournament (Men) - FIBA.com
- Serbia beats Croatia 86-83, reaches men's basketball semis -- NBC Olympics
- U.S. advances to semifinals with emotional win over Argentina - Bill Leopold - NBC Olympics
- Argentina's Golden Generation leaves immeasurable impact - Nick Zaccardi -| NBC Olympics
- Gallery: Scola at the Olympics (Gallery) = Brooklyn Nets
- Gallery: Bojan's Run in Rio (Gallery) - Brooklyn Nets