Beau Beech is nearing his promise of being the first player from North Florida to play in the NBA. He's signed a partially guaranteed deal with the Nets.
Sources: Beau Beech, undrafted sharpshooter out of North Florida, will sign a partially guaranteed one-year deal with the Brooklyn Nets.— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) July 24, 2016
Beech himself confirmed the news
"I'm super excited to have this opportunity to sign a pro contract and have an invitation to training camp with the Brooklyn Nets," said Beech, who played on the Nets' summer league team in Las Vegas. "I'm blessed and thankful to God for allowing me this chance. This is something that I have dreamed about my whole life really. For it to be coming closer and closer to happening, I'm just eager and ready to seize the moment."
Beech, a 6'9" swingman, was a fan favorite during summer league, hitting from deep with regularity. Beech saved his best performance for last, scoring 15 points, hitting 5-of-7 three-pointers and pulling in seven rebounds during the Nets' 91-83 loss to the Cleveland Cavaliers Saturday in the tournament quarterfinals.He averaged 8.8 points per game and shot 33.3 percent from 3-point range over the summer,
In his senior year at North Florida, Beech averaged 15.4 points per game, shooting 42.4 percent from deep.He avearged 6.4 rebounds, two assists, 1.2 steals and 0.5 blocks as well. Beech promised his coach at UNF that he'll be the first Osprey to play in the NBA.
Beech is the second player reported to have agreed to a partial guarantee. The Nets have signed Yogi Ferrell, a 5'11" point guard out of Indiana as well. Both are likely to spend time with the Long Island Nets.
- Charania: Nets sign Beau Beech to one-year, partially guaranteed contract - Benny Nadeau - The Brooklyn Game
- Nets add promising prospect Beau Beech - Greg Hrinya - AXS
- Nets Sign Undrafted Free Agent G Beau Beech - Joseph Nocco - Today's Fastbreak
- Nets sign undrafted free agent G Beau Beech - Clayton Freeman - St. Augustine Record
- Shooting guard Dion Waters agrees to sign with Miami Heat -= Manny Navarro & Barry Jackson Miami Herald
- Nets' Beau Beech: Signs contract with Nets - CBS Sports