The Nets had a lead in the 4th quarter, but were unable to hold it, as they were out-scored by the Wizards 27-19 in the 4th, and blowing a 10-point lead. The Wizards shot over 50 percent from the floor in the game, while the Nets shot just 40 percent form the field. In better news, I suppose, the Nets did shot 40 percent from three, with Isaiah Whitehead hitting 2-of-5 from three and Beau Beech going 3-of-8 from beyond the arc.
Rondae Hollis-Jefferson led the way, scoring 19 points on 7-of-14 shooting in 23 minutes, a nice showing, Chris McCullough shoring 10 points in 24 minutes on 3-of-8 shooting.
But in the end, RHJ made a mistake and it cost the Nets the game...
The big key for the Wizards was, well, points in the key -- or, the paint. They out-scored the Nets in the paint, 44-26. It was, though, as Kenny Atkinson said, a game in which they "competed hard."
For Brooklyn, up next is tournament play, as they look to win out and take the Las Vegas Summer League crown.
- Box Score - Washington Wizards vs Brooklyn Nets - July 12, 2016 - NBA.com
- Wizards vs. Nets (Video) - NBA.com
- Sean Marks weighs in on Nets summer league (Video)
- Steal and Win (Video) - NBA.com
- McCullough from Whitehead (Video) - NBA.com
- Dropping Jumpers (Video) - NBA.com
- House Delivers the Hammer (Video) - NBA.com
- Whitehead send-off to McCullough (Video) - NBA.com