It's been a long 82-game season and it certainly ended in appropriate fashion: with a 10-game losing streak.
With a 103-96 loss to the Toronto Raptors, the Nets finished the season with a 21-61 record, the 3rd-worst in the league. Since the Nets traded their first round pick to Boston, the Celtics are the beneficiary of the loss and the season. They now have a 15.6 percent chance at the No.1 pick in the May 17 draft lottery.
The Raptors were without DeMar DeRozan, Kyle Lowry, Cory Joseph, Luis Scola and Jonas Valanciunas, but the Nets failed to capitalize.
Brooklyn started the game with a 21-4 run. It was looking a lot like Monday night against the Wizards ... just reversed. Then, before you knew it the Raptors took a 38-37 lead in the second quarter and never looked back.
The Nets did a good job of fighting throughout, but fell back by 16 in the third quarter and failed to fully recover.
Bojan Bogdanovic did all he could and scored 29 points on seven 3-pointers. His help was limited though, as Henry Sims (10 points), Sean Kilpatrick (12 points) and Donald Sloan (11 points) were the only other Nets in double figures.
For Toronto, Normal Powell led all scorers with 30 points and nine rebounds, while Terrence Ross chipped in 24 off the bench.
Editor's note: Between myself, Net Income and Tom -- we'd like to thank the entire NetsDaily community for sticking aboard and making things fun during one of the toughest seasons in franchise history.
Next up: The offseason!
For more on the Toronto Raptors, check them out at Raptors HQ.
- Raptors vs. Nets - Box Score - April 13, 2016 - ESPN
- Game Thread: Brooklyn Nets vs Toronto Raptors, 8:00 PM - NetsDaily
- Toronto Raptors vs Brooklyn Nets - Box Score - NBA.com
- Raptors rest starters, beat Nets, 103-96 - Brian Mahoney - AP
- Powell Puts in 30 (Video) - NBA.com
- Bogdanovic Hits For 29 (Video) - NBA.com
- Nets Running (Video) - NBA.com
- Defense To Offense (Video) - NBA.com
- Hollis-Jefferson's Circus Finish (Video) - NBA.com
- The Nets See Their Season, Long Over, Come to an End - Filip Bondy - New York Times
- These coaches on Nets’ radar as season ends with a whimper - Brian Lewis - New York Post
- Brooklyn Nets season ends with a whimper - and a loss - Justin Tasch - New York Daily News
- Brooklyn Nets' 'bridge year' comes to a merciful end - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN
- Nets reach end of a disappointing season - Andy Vasquez - The Record
- Nets dismal season mercifully ends - Andy Vasquez - The Record
- Nets drop finale to Raptors, finish with worst record since 2009-10 - Brian Heyman - Newsday
- Was this the worst season in Nets history? - Devin Kharpertian - The Brooklyn Game
- The Nets lose their final game of the season 103-96 to playoff bound Toronto (Game Grades) - Benny Nadeau - The Brooklyn Game
- Rondae Thanks the Fans - Cory Wright - Brooklyn Nets