With only two games left on the regular season schedule, it's becoming more likely that the Nets will end the season on a 10-game losing streak.
The Nets lost their eighth straight game, 129-105, to Paul George and the Indiana Pacers --finishing the season with a 7-34 record away from Barclays Center this season. The 7-34 record is the worst since the 2010-2011 season when they went 5-36.
Usually the Nets make it interesting in the first half, but they failed to do the same Sunday evening. The Pacers went on an 11-0 run in the first quarter, led 17-5 and never looked back.
First, the Nets gave up 39 points in the first quarter. Deficit: 20.
Then, they gave up 30 in the second quarter. Deficit: 28.
Finally, it got so bad the deficit jumped to 40 in the third quarter. Would the Swamp Dragons have done this to us? I think not.
And maybe the Nets should be resting Bojan Bogdanovic too. He scored 10 points on a season-worst 2-of-15 from the field. In his last three games, he's 6-of-39.
Things got worse when Thomas Robinson - whose averaged 15 points and 13 rebounds over the last six games - left the game in the second quarter with a sore right knee. This forced Bogdanovic to play center in the second and, boy, it wasn't pretty.
Paul George dropped 15 points and dumped off six assists, while Ian Mahinmi scored 16 and George Hill 18. Myles Turner was the star for Indiana, though, with 28 points and nine rebounds off the bench.
The Pacers shot 56 percent from the field and 41 percent from 3-point.
Lost amidst the smoke, Sean Kilpatrick (career-high 26 points) and Markel Brown (18 points and 10 rebounds) both increased their market value. Donald Sloan also chipped in 19 points off the bench.
The only starters in double figures were Shane Larkin with 13 points and eight assists and Bojan Bogdanovic.
The starting unit of Shane Larkin, Bogdanovic, Wayne Ellington, Chris McCullough and Robinson shot a combined 10-for-39.
Two games left.
Next up: Monday, 7:30 vs. Washington.
- Game Thread: Brooklyn Nets at Indiana Pacers, 6:00 PM - NetsDaily
- Nets vs. Pacers - Box Score - April 10, 2016 - ESPN
- Brooklyn Nets vs Indiana Pacers - Box Score - NBA.com
- Turner, Pacers Clinch Playoff Spot With 129-105 Win vs Nets - AP
- Stuckey to Turner (Video) - NBA.com
- Mahinmi Slams (Video) - NBA.com
- HIll's Steal and Roll (Video) - NBA.com
- Miles' Big Block (Video) - NBA.com
- MIles for Three (Video) - NBA.com
- Post Game Plus: Nets fall to Pacers, 129-105 (Video) - Chris - Shearn - YES Network
- Brown on loss to Pacers, who clinch playoff spot (Video) - YES Network
- Tony Brown on finishing the season strong (Video) - YES Network
- Nets blown out by Pacers for eighth straight double-digit loss (Game Grades) - Devin Kharpertian - The Brooklyn Game
- Pacers clinch playoff berth by ripping Nets - Candace Buckner - Indianapolis News
- Pacers Gave Brown an Opening to the NBA - Mark Moneith - Indiana Pacers