BROOKLYN, N.Y. -- BOJAN BOGDANOVIC OR STEPHEN CURRY?
Despite losing two straight to the nine-win 76ers, the Nets finally handled business and snapped a three-game losing streak with a 131-114 victory Tuesday night at Barclays Center behind an unbelievable performance from Bojan Bogdanovic.
Bogdanovic was absolutely unconscious, scoring 17 points in the first quarter and 24 in the half alone. He missed ONE shot in the half and set a career-high with 44 points in 37 minutes on 17-of-27 shooting. He's the first foreign-born Net to score 35+ points since Drazen Petrovic did so back in 1993.
First it was 17 points in the first quarter. Then it was 24 points at half. By the end of the third quarter, he had 38.
The next thought: is Bogie gonna go for 50?!
He fell JUST short with 44 points, which is the most any Net has scored at Barclays Center since Deron Williams scored 42 in 2013.
Sixer fans in the building chanted, "Trust the process" as the Nets poured in 71 points in the first half, the most they've scored since the 2002-2003 season. Hard to do so when Bojan Bogdanovic drops 44 on you!
The Nets led by as many as 21 in the first half and Brook Lopez only had nine points. That's when you know something's up.
Still, the Sixers didn't give up. Despite a 24-point lead, the Nets let Philly to cut this thing down to nine early in the fourth quarter, but the Nets pulled away and extended it back up to 19 with two minutes left.
Finally to cap off the night, Brook Lopez hit a three-pointer.
The big fella scored 18 points, grabbed 10 rebounds and dished out four assists. Thaddeus Young also had a phenomenal night with 14 points and 16 rebounds.
Lost amidst the Bogie smoke, Sean Kilpatrick, whose averaged 11 points per game since he signed with the Nets, finished with 19 points. He's on his second 10-day contract, and, well, in the simplest way of saying this as possible: LOCK THIS GUY UP.
As a whole, the Nets hit 10-of-24 from deep with four coming from Bogdanovic and three coming from Kilpatrick. The 131 points are the most points the Nets have scored in a regulation game since the 1999-2000 season.
What. A. Night.
Next up: Thursday @ Chicago, 8:00 p.m.
For more on the Philadelphia 76ers, check them out at Liberty Ballers.
- Game Thread: Brooklyn Nets vs. Philadelphia 76ers, 7:30 PM - NetsDaily
- 76ers vs. Nets - Box Score - ESPN
- Philadelphia 76ers vs Brooklyn Nets - Boxscore - NBA.com
- Bojan Bogdanovic Scores 44 Points as Nets Romp Past 76ers - AP
- Sixers vs. Nets (Video) - NBA.com
- Bogdanovic Career High 44 (Video) - NBA.com
- Lopez For Three (Video) - NBA.com
- Bogdanovic Jam (Video) - NBA.com
- Karasev Great Pass (Video) - NBA.com
- Noel Put Back Layup (Video) - NBA.com
- Noel Says No (Video) - NBA.com
- Bogdanovic And One (Video) - NBA.com
- Post Game Plus: Nets topple 76ers, 131-114 (Video) - Nancy Newman - YES Network
- Brown on playing with intensity vs. 76ers (Video) - YES Network
- Lopez on making rare 3-pointer in Nets' win (Video) - YES Network
- Kilpatrick on getting help from veterans (Video) - YES Network
- Bojan Bogdanovic (44 points) 'proud' to match Drazen Petrovic's Nets record - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN
- Bojan Bogdanovic explodes for 44 to carry Nets — wait, what? - Brian Lewis - New York Post
- Bojan Bogdanovic scores 44 points as Nets top Sixers - Daniel Popper - New York Daily News
- Bogan Bogdanovic scores 44 points to lift Nets over 76ers - Brian Heyman - Newsday
- 44 for 44, Bogdanovic's career-high pushes Nets past Sixers -Benny Nadeau - The Brooklyn Game
- Bojan Bogdanovic Scores 44 Points In Career Night (Video) - The Brooklyn Game
- Kilpatrick shows Sixers he's NBA ready - Keith Pompey - Philadelphia Inquirer
- "Best" and "Worst" awards: Sixers and Nets - Keith Pompey - Philadelphia Inquirer
- Game Recap: Nets 131, Sixers 114 - Philadelphia 76ers
- 76ers fans chant 'Trust the process' and 'We've got draft picks' while getting blown out by the Nets - Liam Boylan-Pett - SBNation.com