The Nets will open the 2015-16 season on Wednesday, October 28 vs the Bulls then go on a short road to San Antonio and Memphis before returning to face the Bucks and Jason Kidd on Monday, November 2. The full schedule can be found here.
Bottom line, the early schedule will see the Nets face a "Murderous Row" of opponents, including the Bulls, Spurs, Grizzlies, Hawks, Rockets and Warriors --all contenders-- in the first ten games. They also play 11 of their first 16 on the road. Then, there will be a long stretch --nearly half the season-- of mostly home games before another brutal stretch at the end.
The "big" game, Deron Williams return to Brooklyn, will take place just before Christmas on Wednesday, December 23. The Nets do not play on Christmas.
Also, under the rubric of "revenge games," the Nets play the Knicks at the Garden on Friday, December 4, the first time Andrea Bargnani and Shane Larkin will face off against Phil Jackson, who's slammed their performance for him last season. It's also the Nets only national TV game, down from four last year. It will air on ESPN. The Nets will also play three games on NBA TV. The Knicks will play at Barclays on January 13 and February 19 before the two teams finish the Battle of the Boroughs at MSG on April 1. Each game will also pit Brook Lopez vs. brother Robin.
The Nets will welcome the defending NBA champion Golden State Warriors to Brooklyn on Sunday, December 6 at 6:00 p.m., which will tip off a six-game homestand, the longest of the campaign. Brooklyn will host the Eastern Conference champion Cleveland Cavaliers on Wednesday, January 20 and Thursday, March 24.
The Nets will a brutal finish and a brutal finish, with 11 of the first 16 and 18 of the final 26 games away from Brooklyn. Between the road heavy start and finish, the Nets will play 26 of 40 games between November 29 and February 23, the start of the "circus trip," at home in Brooklyn. They have 15 back-to-backs this season, down from 20 last year, and just one set of four games in five nights.
The Nets will also have a nine-game "circus road trip", when the circus comes to Barclays Center. Just after the All-Star Break ... and trade deadline, they'll be away from Brooklyn from February 23 to March 9. The Nets are expected to move into their new HSS Training Center sometime during that trip. Between the All-Star Break and the road trip, there will be plenty of opportunity to move players' lockers, weight and training equipment and office supplies from East Rutherford.
The Nets open a six-game preseason on October 5 against Turkey's Fenerbahce Ulker at Brooklyn. They'll also play the 76ers, Pistons and Celtics
- 2015-16 Brooklyn Nets Schedule - Brooklyn Nets
- 2015-16 schedule highlights: Nets - Ian Begley - ESPN New York
- NBA all but ignores Knicks, Nets on national TV this season - Mitch Abramson - New York Daily News
- NBA: Hard start for Knicks, Nets - The Record
- Schedule may leave Nets with difficult ‘road’ to the playoffs - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- New N.B.A. Schedule Gives Players More Breaks - Andrew Keh - New York Times
- Brooklyn Nets Schedule 2015-2016: 5 Instant Reactions - Devin Kharpertian - The Brooklyn Game
- Brooklyn Nets 2015 Schedule - Nets Home & Away, 2015-2016 - Devin Kharpertian - The Brooklyn Game
- NBA schedule features Christmas finals rematch, more rest - Brian Mahoney - AP