The Nets are now 1-1 in the Las Vegas Summer League and 1-6 overall after they lost to the New Orleans Pelicans, 89-83. Rondae Hollis-Jefferson and Markel Brown led the Nets with 18 and 14 points in the loss. Ryan Boatright and Austin Hollins, Lionel's son, finished with 13 each.
The big improvement for the Nets in the game was their shooting, easily the best of the summer. They shot 42.6 percent overall and 42.3 from three point land. In the deep shooting category, Boatright was 3-of-7 and Hollins 3-of-5. Hollis-Jefferson finished with six rebounds and two steals to go along with his 18 points. He went to the foul line 10 times, making 8. Willis Reed finished with seven rebounds to go with five points and Cliff Alexander, who saw limited action, finished with four and four.
The Nets went down early as they have in most of their games, but came back in the middle quarters and were up by 5 points with 5:37 to go before the Pelicans brushed them off at the end. Seth Curry finished with 20 points but the two heroes for the Pelicans were Bryce DeJean-Jones, a 6'6" Iowa State product who had 26, including four three pointers and Larry Drew II, son of the veteran NBA assistant, who had 16 assists, one short of the Summer League record held by Marcus Williams, the former Net.
The Nets take on the Bulls tomorrow at 5 p.m.
- Pelicans at Nets - Boxscore - NBA.com
- Pelicans vs Nets (Video) - NBA.com
- Drew With the Dime (Video) - NBA.com
- Brook Lopez Interview (Video) - NBA.com
- Seth Curry and Bryce Dejean-Jones Lead The Pelicans to Victory! (Video) -NBA.com
- NBA - Day 4 observations at Las Vegas Summer League - Kevin Pelton - ESPN Insider
- Summer League Rewind: Dejean-Jones, Birch heat up for Pelicans - Steve Carp - Las Vegas Review-Journal
Ben Vozzola sees journey end up back in Las Vegas at NBA Summer League - Ron Kantowski - Las Vegas Review-Journal