There is some grim news out of Brooklyn Monday morning; Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, the Nets standout rookie guard-forward, has suffered a non-displaced fracture of the posterior talus in his right ankle. Hollis-Jefferson suffered the injury in practice on December 5 and will have surgery at some point this week. No timetable has been set for the Arizona rookie's recovery.
Nets say Rondae Hollis-Jefferson is having surgery this week on his right ankle. No timetable yet for return. pic.twitter.com/wApOJGGEL4
— Tom Lorenzo (@TomLorenzo) December 7, 2015
RHJ has been the Nets best defensive player and he has made a great impact on the floor as an all-around contributor, averaging five points and six rebounds on 48% shooting from the field. Jefferson started 14 of the Nets 23 games this season The Nets offense moderately improves while RHJ is on the floor compared to off the floor this season and the defense is greatly improved; Brooklyn is nine points better per 100 possessions when RHJ is on the floor.
Lionel Hollins said Monday afternoon that Bojan Bogdanovic would take over at starting guard for the injured Hollis-Jefferson.
Bojan Bogdanovic will start in Rondae Hollis-Jefferson's absence, according to Lionel Hollins #Nets— Mike Mazzeo (@MazzESPN) December 7, 2015
RHJ figures to be a prominent player on the Nets for the long-term and his first month of his career has led Brooklyn to be confident they made the right move on Draft night this past June, trading up to acquire him for Mason Plumlee. Here's to hoping RHJ gets back on the floor soon, because the Nets desperately need his energy.
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson to have ankle surgery - Andy Vasquez - The Record
- Nets' Hollis-Jefferson to have surgery on broken ankle - Nathaniel Vinton - New York Daily News
- Nets lose rising rookie Hollis-Jefferson indefinitely - Brian Lewis - New York Post
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson sidelined with fractured ankle - Laura Albanese - Newsday
- Nets’ Hollis-Jefferson Is Out Indefinitely With Broken Ankle - Andrew Keh - New York Times
- Nets’ Rondae Hollis-Jefferson breaks ankle, undergoes surgery - Dan Feldman - NBC Sports