Deron Williams has missed the Nets' five last games due to a fractured rib cartilage. Now, he will miss a sixth, as the team announced that he will not play on Wednesday when they suit up against the Sacramento Kings.
Deron Williams (fractured rib cartilage) will travel west with the Nets, but he's been ruled out for tomorrow night's game in Sacramento.— Andy Vasquez (@andy_vasquez) January 20, 2015
Nets announce Deron Williams is out for tomorrow's game in Sacramento. Team is supposed to give a full update on his condition tomorrow.— Tim Bontemps (@TimBontemps) January 20, 2015
Williams is doing some light conditioning and shooting drills, and he's also traveling with the team which doesn't put him out of play for the remainder of the three-game road trip.
Deron Williams ran on a treadmill and did shooting and dribbling after practice. He is traveling on trip. Nets to update his status on WED— Ohm Youngmisuk (@NotoriousOHM) January 20, 2015
Nets play at SAC on WED, at Clippers on THU and then at Utah on Saturday. Deron won't play WED but is making trip— Ohm Youngmisuk (@NotoriousOHM) January 20, 2015
So, it is possible that Williams will be able to play later this week. It will be none too soon for Mirza Teletovic.
“Deron Wililams is the most important thing for us,” Teletovic told Andy Vasquez. “Rhythm-wise, and getting the spacing right, and playing faster.
"D-Will, for me, is unbelievable. It’s [been] a big loss for this team. … For me, I’d say he’s 40 percent of the team.”
Stay tuned for more updates.
- Teletovic hoping Deron Williams returns soon - Andy Vasquez - The Record
- Nets Head West, Hope for Best With Deron Williams - Alex Raskin - Wall Street Journal
- D-Will goes west; Plumlee dunks - Brooklyn Nets Blog - Ohm Youngmisuk - ESPN New York
- Lionel Hollins: Mason Plumlee still has 'a lot of flaws left' - Laura Albanese - Newsday
- Glass ‘half’ empty for sinking Nets - John Torenli - Brooklyn Eagle