Hamady Ndiaye will not be in Nets camp after all.
Two days after announcing that they had signed the 7-footer to a camp contract -- with a $25,000 guarantee if he made the team, the Nets announced they had voided his deal after he failed a physical. The Nets did not provide details.
Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports reported after the news was released that Ndiaye was suffering from an injured elbow that would have required him to miss training camp.
In voiding training camp deal of center Hamady Ndiaye, Nets found an elbow injury that needs 2-4 weeks of rest, source tells Yahoo Sports.— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) September 19, 2014
Ndiaye played well thru injury for Senegal in Worlds, but would've needed to miss camp where Nets wanted a look at him for 3rd center spot.— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) September 19, 2014
Shams Charania of RealGM reports that Ndiaye is now likely to sign in China.
The Nets, who had previously signed another rim protector, Jerome Jordan, now have 16 players in camp, 13 with fully guaranteed contracts. Ndiaye and Jordan were the only camp invites named. NBA teams can carry up to 20 players.
Ndiaye last played for the Kings.
- Hamady Ndiaye Likely To Sign In China After Nets Void Deal - Shams Charania - RealGM
- Nets void Ndiaye deal - Ian Begley - ESPN NY
- Nets void Hamady N'Diaye's contract - Devin Kharpertian - The Brooklyn Game
- Nets void Hamady Ndiaye’s contract - Brian Erni - SNY Nets
- Two days after signing him, Nets void contract of Hamady Ndiaye due previous injury - Kurt Helin - NBC Sports
Nets void the contract of Hamady N'Diaye due to failed physical - Zach Harper - CBS Sports
- Brooklyn Nets Void Contract of Hamady Ndiaye - Brooklyn Nets