One night after blowing out the Indiana Pacers in their Orlando Summer League debut, the Brooklyn Nets had the favor returned by the Miami Heat in getting blown out by rookie Shabazz Napier and the defending champs, 110-91.
Mason Plumlee led the way once again for the Nets, scoring 18 points in 23 minutes, but the Nets were outrebounded by the Heat 37-19, with Miami pulling down 15 offensive rebounds.
Napier scored 17 points with seven assists in 26 minutes, while Jame Ennis went off for a game-high 29 points, hitting 7-of-8 threes. The Heat shot 15-of-29 from three on the game.
The Nets will play their third game on Monday night, the same day they introduce Lionel Hollins as the team's new head coach, against the Oklahoma City Thunder at 7:00 PM.
- Heat at Nets - July 6, 2014 - Box Score - NBA.com
- Napier to Hamilton (Video) - NBA.com
- Napier Goes Five-Hole (Video) - NBA.com
- Napier Finds Ennis (Video) - NBA.com
- Summer League Recap: Heat 110, Nets 91 - Josh Cohen - Orlando Magic
- Plumlee stands out among former ACC players in NBA Orlando Summer League openers - Brett Friedlander - Star-News
Nets’ Plumlee ready to move on sans Kidd - Fran Blinebury - NBA.com