Looks like Mason Plumlee on Team USA is becoming less and less of a dream and more and more of a realty. Brian Windhorst of ESPN, who's covering Team USA tryouts, tweets...
2 things from Team USA: post practice games between Durant/Harden/George are epic; Mason Plumlee likely to make team over DeMarcus Cousins— Brian Windhorst (@WindhorstESPN) July 31, 2014
That's big stuff. But not everyone is surprised ... or thinks the Nets big has an advantage simply because Team USA coach Mike Krzyzewski coached him for four years at Duke.
Would not be shocked of Mason Plumlee is on final USA roster and not because he played at Duke. Great fit as active defensive "big."— Fran Fraschilla (@franfraschilla) August 1, 2014
Boogie can beat up Plumlee in the post all he wants tomorrow. He's not getting post-ups in WC w/ Rose, Curry, Harden, Durant on team.— John Schuhmann (@johnschuhmann) July 31, 2014
Expect this to be the big story Friday night when Team Blue plays Team White on ESPN at 9 p.m. Plums vs. Boogie. As one might expect, there's a lot of Plumlee doubters tweeting out their dissatisfaction with the possibility.
- Plumlee 'likely' pick over Cousins - Ohm Youngmisuk - ESPN New York
- Brooklyn Nets' Mason Plumlee likely to make Team USA over DeMarcus Cousins - Sports Illustrated
- Report: Mason Plumlee 'likely' to make Team USA over Cousins - James Herbert - CBS Sports
- Report: Mason Plumlee likely to make Team USA roster over DeMarcus Cousins - Brett Pollakoff - NBC Sports
- Plumlee over Cousins: Team USA's decision likely about risk - Troy Machir - The Sporting News
Big-time scrimmage performance would help Cousins’ case for making Team USA - Ailene Voisin - Sacramento Bee
- Could Mason Plumlee really make Team USA over DeMarcus Cousins? - Aykis16 - Sactown Royalty