At the end of the first half of the Nets game against the Bulls Wednesday, Adrian Wojnarowski reported that the Nets have finalized a deal with the Philadelphia 76ers featuring Andrei Kirilenko and future picks. The Nets will also receive Brandon Davies, a 6'10" power forward, a $3.4 million and $916,000 trade exception.
Here's the details, as first tweeted by Woj...
76er will acquire Nets' Andrei Kirilenko, a 2020 second rounder, right to swap 2018 seconds and cash for Brandon Davies, sources tell Yahoo.— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) December 11, 2014
Deal expected to be finalized on Thursday. Nets likely to send a minor player back to Sixers in deal too, sources said.— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) December 11, 2014
Jorge Gutierrez became the "minor player." The Nets also sent $1 million to Philly to sweeten the deal.
Kirilenko is sure to be waived by Philly, as previously reported. Kirilenko would be free to pursue another contract if he is indeed waived. The Nets have purchased six second rounders in the last four years and traded or swapped an equal number.
Stefan Bondy and Tim Bontemps report that Davies will remain on the Nets roster, considering he has a nonguaranteed deal which valued at $816,000, could be a useful trade piece. Davies, who had a stretch of 18, 20 and 13 points early in the season, will have his contract guaranteed if not cut by January 10.
Since Brandon Davies has non guaranteed deal, Nets will also get a $3.3M trade exception in the deal.— NetsDaily.com (@NetsDaily) December 11, 2014
The TE, like the non-guaranteed contract, could aid the team in a larger deal later in the season. If the Nets waive Davies, they will have 13 players on the roster. And even if they keep him, the roster would seem unbalanced with only two traditional point guards in D-Will and Jarrett Jack.
Bondy also reported that the Nets could sign a "free agent wing player" after the roster spot opened up, in addition to potentially keeping Davies.
On top of trade tomorrow, hearing Nets working on signing free agent wing player.
— Stefan Bondy (@nydninternets) December 11, 2014
Davies is an undrafted free agent who went to BYU up until 2013. He's been with the Sixers for two years, and at 6'10" he could give the Nets some depth off the bench in spot minutes. The question is whether he stays or goes.
- Nets trade Andrei Kirilenko to Sixers - Sam Amick - USA Today
- Brooklyn Nets to trade Andrei Kirilenko to Philadelphia 76ers - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Nets Trade Kirilenko to 76ers - Alex Raskin - Wall Street Journal
- Nets trade veteran Kirilenko to 76ers - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Nets notes: Andrei Kirilenko traded - Andy Vasquez - The Record
- Report: Sixers acquire Andrei Kirilenko from Nets in exchange for Brandon Davies and two draft picks - Ethan Schorr-Park - NJ.com
- Nets Acquire Brandon Davies - Brooklyn Nets
- Sixers finalize trade with Nets for veteran Kirilenko - Comcast Sports Net
- Trade with Nets lands Kirilenko - Keith Pompey - Philadelphia - Inquirer
- Andrei Kirilenko trade now official - Dan Feldman - NBC Sports