You knew this was coming.
At Bucks practice Tuesday, Jason Kidd was asked about Mikhail Prokhorov's comments before Monday's game, the one where he cited "a nice proverb in English; don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you" to express his feelings about Kidd's departure for Milwaukee.
Charles F. Gardner, the only Milwaukee beat writer Kidd has to deal with (or not deal with) tweeted it out... noting first that Kidd claimed he had not heard about Prokhorov's "crude" comment until Gardner asked him.
"I don't know; that's the first time I've heard it," Kidd said.— cfgardner (@cf_gardner) November 4, 2014
Then, he got into it...
Kidd on Prokhorov's comments yesterday: "I'm no longer in Brooklyn. Unfortunately they keep talking about it. I don't."— cfgardner (@cf_gardner) November 4, 2014
More Kidd: "Now if it was me and him playing 1-on-1 on the court, that would be fine." Asked if Prokhorov would do that, Kidd said, "No."— cfgardner (@cf_gardner) November 4, 2014
Bucks vs. Nets on 18th at Barclays Center: "I've been in hostile environments as a player, as a coach. It's a part of the game." Kidd said.— cfgardner (@cf_gardner) November 4, 2014
Kidd of course DID talk about the Nets on at least two occasions since his departure, suggesting among other things that Paul Pierce was probably right about the Nets losing their championship aspirations and also claiming that the Nets' willingness to let him go suggested that rumors they wanted to fire him last December --which Prokhorov denied at the time-- were true.
And, by the way, the game is not the 18th but the 19th. It is in Barclays Center. That's for sure.
- Jason Kidd challenges Nets owner to 1-on-1 after fiery comments - Charles F. Gardner - Milwaukee Sentinel-Journal
- Jason Kidd responds to Mikhail Prokhorov comments, challenges him to a one-on-one - Devin Kharpertian - The Brooklyn Game
- Jason Kidd: 'I'll let them keep talking' - Ohm Youngmisuk - ESPN New York
Jason Kidd: Why do Prokhorov, Nets ‘keep talking about’ me? - Brian Lewis & Tim Bontemps - New York Post
Jason Kidd fires back at Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov over parting shot - Stephen Lorenzo - New York Daily News
- Nothing is Lost in Translation When Mikhail Prokhorov Speaks - Larry Fleisher - XN Sports
- Jason Kidd challenges Mikhail Prokhorov to play him in one-on-one - Mike Prada - SB Nation