In the Brooklyn Nets 102-84 loss to the Chicago Bulls, there was a moment in which it looked as if Kevin Garnett playfully tried to bite Joakim Noah. After the game, Garnett spoke to the media and said that, yes, he was just playing around. He did not try to bite Noah, because if he did want to bite him, well, he could have.
After the game, Noah had this to say about the incident:
Noah on KG bite: "I’m happy he didnt connect. If somebody tries to bite you, I think it’s a little bit more than trying to get in your head"— K.C. Johnson (@KCJHoop) November 30, 2014
Noah on KG: "We’ve been doing some winning against him lately. I know how competitive he is and I know it drives him crazy to lose."— K.C. Johnson (@KCJHoop) November 30, 2014
Here's the video of the incident:
Of course it certainly doesn't look as if Garnett was really trying to bite Noah, but it definitely makes for a memorable moment in what's turning out to be a rough start to the season.
Video via Dexter Henry - @NetsDailyVideo.
- Kevin Garnett post-game (audio) - Anthony Puccio - NetsDaily
- Amid frustration, Nets' Kevin Garnett trying to stay positive - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- SEE IT: Kevin Garnett bites at Joakim Noah in Nets loss - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
- Kevin Garnett adds some bite to his matchup with Joakim Noah - Colin Stephenson - Newsday
- Joakim Noah: ‘Kevin Garnett tried to bite me — it’s unbelievable’ - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Reminder: Kevin Garnett & Joakim Noah Hate Each Other - Devin Kharpertian - The Brooklyn Game
- Garnett ‘pretends’ to bite Noah - Brian Erni - SNY Nets