In return, the Nets receive guard Casper Ware. Brooklyn will also send a 2019 second round draft pick, that was acquired by the Milwaukee Bucks, to Philadelphia. Or, the price of getting Teague's contract off their books.
The pick will be the better of the Bucks and Kings picks that year. It was one of two picks the Nets received in compensation for Jason Kidd. The Nets retain their own 2019 pick as well as the other pick it received from the Bucks, their own 2015 pick that had been shuttled around the league since being traded for Mehmet Okur in 2011.
Because Brooklyn acquired Ware with the pre-existing Tyshawn Taylor trade exception, the Nets received a $1,120,920 trade exception as well.
Ware played nine games for the 76ers last season, averaging 5.3 points and 1.9 assists in just over 12 minutes. The Nets are expected to waive Ware, whose contract is not fully guaranteed. They will then have 15 players on their roster, after already having waived Willie Reed this week.
- Nets trade Marquis Teague to 76ers for Casper Ware, Ware to be waived - Devin Kharpertian - The Brooklyn Game
- Sixers acquire Marquis Teague, pick for Casper Ware - John Finger - Comcast Sports Net
- A blockbuster by Hinkie standards: Sixers trade for Marquis Teague - Andrew Unterberger - Comcast Sports Net
- Sixers Acquire Guard Marquis Teague From Nets - CBS Philadelphia
Brown's winning formula for Sixers needs good role players - Bob Cooney - Philadelphia Daily News
- Sixers trade Casper Ware to Brooklyn Nets for Marquis Teague, draft pick - Matt Lombardo - Star-Ledger