Brook Lopez will be out for 10 days to two weeks with a "mild sprain" of his "mid right foot." That's the same foot the Nets center had reconstructed in the off-season after a series of injuries over the past three years. The Nets say there is no evidence of any fracture.
ESPN's Youngmisuk, citing league sources, first reported the news, noting that Lopez's status for the season opener in Boston "could be in doubt." The Nets confirmed the ESPN report, stating that Lopez had "sustained a mild right midfoot sprain in the first quarter of the Nets’ preseason contest against Sacramento on October 15th."
Nets Medical Director Dr. Riley Williams III added...
"Brook Lopez experienced right foot soreness after being stepped on during the pre-season game against the Kings Wednesday night. X-ray and CT scan studies done Thursday in New York reveal no fractures or bone injuries. Brook has been diagnosed with a mild midfoot sprain and is likely to be out for approximately 10-14 days."
Mike Mazzeo tweeted out video of the play where he thinks Lopez hurt himself.
The Nets returned to New York from China early Thursday morning and Lopez was pictured pushing his bags through Customs at Newark Airport.
Lopez has been dominant in the team's first three preseason games and Paul Westphal, Lionel Hollins lead assistant, said three days ago that Lopez was "far ahead" of where the Nets thought he would be at this point.
- Brook Lopez of Brooklyn Nets has soft tissue injury in foot, could miss two weeks - Ohm Youngmisuk - ESPN
- Brook Lopez Medical Update - 10/16/14 - Brooklyn Nets
- Lopez to miss two weeks with mild foot sprain - NBA.com
- Another setback for Nets’ Lopez - John Schuhmann - NBA.com
- Nets center Brook Lopez sidelined by sprained foot - Rod Boone - Newsday
- Brook Lopez suffers ‘mild right midfoot sprain’ and could miss Nets opener - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
- Brook Lopez may miss start of season with foot sprain - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Brook Lopez Sprains Foot and the Nets Hold Their Breath - Alex Raskin - Wall Street Journal
- Nets’ Brook Lopez out with injury - Andy Vasquez - The Record
- Brook Lopez has a right foot sprain - SNY Nets
- Brook Lopez could miss two weeks with foot injury - Devin Kharpertian - The Brooklyn Game
- Nets’ Brook Lopez could miss two weeks with injury to surgically-repaired foot - Brett Pollakoff - NBC Sports
- Brook Lopez out 10-14 days with sprained foot - Matt Moore - CBS Sports
- Brook Lopez out 10-14 days with foot sprain - Inside Hoops