Deron Williams told the media today that he is dealing with an injury, still, this season, though he wasn't all that specific when it came to laying out the details of said injury.
Deron Williams confirmed that he's dealing with an injury but didn't want to discuss it. It's clearly affecting his game.— Stefan Bondy (@NYDNInterNets) January 2, 2014
Something bothering Deron Williams physically? "Yeah, but nothing I'm going to talk about. I'm out here playing so that's all that matters."— Andy Vasquez (@andy_vasquez) January 2, 2014
If you remember, Deron Williams didn't dunk until April last season because of his ankles. He had no lift. He has not dunked this season.— Stefan Bondy (@NYDNInterNets) January 2, 2014
The assumption would be that Williams' ankles are still bothering him. He's come up limping a time or two over the past week alone, including once on Tuesday night against the Spurs.
Williams hasn't been open about discussing his injuries in the past, using his famed "Thank you for your concern about my health" when asked about injuries in the past. So, it isn't expected that we'll know much about what really is going on.
Williams will play tonight against the Oklahoma City Thunder.
- Nets notes: Deron Williams physically limited - Andy Vasquez - The Record
- Turning tables, Williams makes OKC feel the pain - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Injuries No Longer a Valid Excuse for the Nets - Alex Raskin - Wall Street Journal
- Mortgaged Future Costs Nets - Alex Raskin - Wall Street Journal
- Game 32 - Brooklyn Nets at Oklahoma City Thunder, 8:00 PM
- Brooklyn tries to pull off the upset in Oklahoma City
- Kevin Garnett says he doesn't know where he fits in offense
- Young talents that the Nets could target
- So long 2013: Nets finish the year with yet another blow out, losing to the Spurs, 113-92