Stefan Bondy reports that Mikhail Prokhorov will indeed be in London this week to watch the Nets play the Hawks. He's expected to talk to the team as well.
Prokhorov hasn't watched the Nets since they beat the Heat fhe first time back in early November --with Joe Prunty manning the sidelines. The team has a winning record with their boss watching. Although the roster remains the same as it did back then, the team's two biggest stars are not on the trip: Deron Williams is resting his ankle after PRP treatment and cortisone shots while Brook Lopez is recovering from lengthy surgery 10 days ago to repair and reconstruct his broken foot.
Thursday’s game at O2 Arena sold out in in less than four hours, according to the NBA, marking the NBA’s fastest-ever sellout in the UK. The Nets toured some of the city's tourist spots as a team Monday. They'll have a light practice Tuesday to get their legs back after flying New York - Toronto - New York - London since Friday night's double overtime win vs. Miami.
Meanwhile, a British website reports that Prunty has agreed to coach the British national team again next summer. Prunty led the undermanned Brits to two upset wins in last summer's Eurobasket championships. He will be introduced at a London press conference Wednesday.
- Mikhail Prokhorov to make appearance at Nets game in London - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
- Prokhorov will see a different Nets team in London - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Prokhorov to join Nets in London - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
Nets playing catch-up amid London hoopla - Mark Woods - ESPN New York
Road-weary Nets are sleepless in London - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- NBA: Brooklyn Nets are in form and on the global stage - The National of United Arab Emirates
- Prunty continues as Great Britain coach - MVP Basketball
- Hawks head to London to play Nets - AP