The Brooklyn Nets announced that Deron Williams (ankle) will not travel with the team to London this week, where they will take on the Atlanta Hawks, their only game this week.
No D-Will in London. he is staying home, says @BKN_NETSPR— NetsDaily.com (@NetsDaily) January 12, 2014
Williams has missed the team's last four games with an ankle injury, and the team has gone 3-1 in his absence. It was reported earlier that D-Will is going to have cortisone shots and rich palate plasma injections in his left ankle.
The missed game this week will give Williams a two-week rest period, assuming he can return to the court against the Knicks on the 20th of this month, as noted by Andy Vasquez.
Knicks/Nets game is Jan. 20, sorry. Still, 15 days away for Deron Williams and 5 missed games.— Andy Vasquez (@andy_vasquez) January 12, 2014
Meanwhile, the Nets will continue to lean heavily on Shaun Livingston at the point, who has done a fantastic job at filling in for Williams during this four-game absence.
- Deron Williams may not make trip with Nets to London for Hawks game - Mitch Abramson - New York Daily News
- Hurt Williams staying stateside - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
Winning streak ends but Nets look forward to breather abroad - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Deron Williams not going to London for Nets' game against Hawks - Newsday
- Deron Williams won't travel with Brooklyn Nets for London game - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Deron Williams: The Nets' Main Sprain - Alex Raskin - Wall Street Journal
- Deron Williams will not make trip to London with Nets - Andy Vasquez - The Record
- Deron Williams will not travel with team to London - Devin Kharpertian - The Brooklyn Game
- Deron Williams will not make London trip, out for Thursday’s game - SNY Nets
- Deron Williams won’t travel to London for Nets vs. Hawks - Brett Pollakoff - NBC Sports