No D-Will in London. he is staying home, says @BKN_NETSPR— NetsDaily.com (@NetsDaily) January 12, 2014
Williams has missed the team's last four games with an ankle injury, and the team has gone 3-1 in his absence. It was reported earlier that D-Will is going to have cortisone shots and rich palate plasma injections in his left ankle.
The missed game this week will give Williams a two-week rest period, assuming he can return to the court against the Knicks on the 20th of this month, as noted by Andy Vasquez.
Knicks/Nets game is Jan. 20, sorry. Still, 15 days away for Deron Williams and 5 missed games.— Andy Vasquez (@andy_vasquez) January 12, 2014
Meanwhile, the Nets will continue to lean heavily on Shaun Livingston at the point, who has done a fantastic job at filling in for Williams during this four-game absence.
- Deron Williams may not make trip with Nets to London for Hawks game - Mitch Abramson - New York Daily News
- Hurt Williams staying stateside - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
Winning streak ends but Nets look forward to breather abroad - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Deron Williams not going to London for Nets' game against Hawks - Newsday
- Deron Williams won't travel with Brooklyn Nets for London game - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Deron Williams: The Nets' Main Sprain - Alex Raskin - Wall Street Journal
- Deron Williams will not make trip to London with Nets - Andy Vasquez - The Record
- Deron Williams will not travel with team to London - Devin Kharpertian - The Brooklyn Game
- Deron Williams will not make London trip, out for Thursday’s game - SNY Nets
- Deron Williams won’t travel to London for Nets vs. Hawks - Brett Pollakoff - NBC Sports