Marko Jaric wanted another chance at a comeback. The Nets wanted another veteran in their training camp backcourt mix. He lives in Manhattan. They play in Brooklyn. So the Nets on Monday signed the 34-year-old Serbian point guard to a training camp contract.
Jaric hasn't played in the NBA since 2009 and hasn't played professionally anywhere since 2011. He tried out for the Bulls last season but was cut. At 6'7", Jaric, who was mostly a shoot-first point guard during his seven year NBA career, was bought out by the Grizzlies in 2009. Playing with the Serbian national team, he won a gold medal in the FIBA World Cup. He is married to Adriana Lima, the Brazilian model, with whom he has two daughters.
Of the 19 players in Nets camp, six are international players: Andrei Kirilenko (Russia); Mirza Teletovic (Bosnia); Toko Shengelia (Georgia); Jorge Gutierrez (Mexico); Gary Forbes (Panama) and Jaric.
- Nets sign Marko Jaric, finalize training camp roster - Devin Kharpertian - The Brooklyn Game
Notes: Nets sign Marko Jaric - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Marko Jaric added to Nets training camp roster - SNY Nets
- Marko Jaric to Brooklyn Nets (Google Translate) - Belgrade Novosti
- Marko Jaric to Nets training camp (Google Translate) - Christopher Brouet - Baskets-Info
- Marko Jaric on trial in Brooklyn (Google Translate) - Christopher Demay - Basket USA