The newest element at Barclays Center, a 20-foot tall sculpture called "Ona," was installed Friday near the Flatbush Avenue side of the arena's entrance plaza. The sculpture by Brooklyn artist, Ursula Von Rydingsvard, was commissioned for the first anniversary of the Barclays Center which is September 28.
David Berliner, the COO of Forest City Ratner, says it was erected in honor of the anniversary. Berliner says he hopes the bronze sculpture will become a meeting place on the plaza.
And while not everyone loves it, not everyone loved Barclays Center either. Now, things are different.
- New sculpture on display outside Barclays Center (Video) - Katie Lusso - News12
- ‘Ona,’ by Ursula von Rydingsvard, Arrives in Brooklyn - Ted Loos - New York Times
- ‘Ona’ at Barclays Center (Slide Show) - Piotr Redlinski - New York Times
- Massive sculpture at Barclays Center earns oversized praise from commuters - Tanay Warerkar - New York Daily News
- Despite Early Criticism, Appreciation of Barclays Center Grows - Andrew Cohen - Athletic Business