Both the Nets and the Nuggets will likely be without key backcourt players Friday night in Denver.
Joe Johnson told reporters in Denver that he's doubtful for Friday night's game against the Nuggets and Ty Lawson is out for the Nuggets. Lawson's absence has hurt Denver more than Johnson's has hurt the Nets.
Johnson's issue appears to be his sore left heel which he hurt a month ago He's played through pain but the combination of that and a quad contusion has kept him out for the last two games. He hurt it when he collided with Blake Griffin in the second quarter of Saturday’s loss to the Clippers. Now, he says the contusion is better.
Ironically, Lawson has a plantar fascia tear in his right heel. He is officially day-to-day, but has been ruled out vs. the Nets. Andre Miller will replace him in the starting lineup. The Nets will try to set a team mark with their 21st road win Friday night.
Based on tweets from Stefan Bondy, Tim Bontemps, Rod Boone.
- Nuggets' Karl: Nets among best in Eastern Conference - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- VIDEO PREVIEW: Nets face tough challenge in Denver - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Road-Warrior Nets will test their lung capacity in the Mile High City - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
- Joe Johnson doubtful for game in Denver - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- W2W4: Nets at Nuggets - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Nets vs. Nuggets - Game Preview (Video) - Ben Couch - Brooklyn Nets
- Nuggets' Ty Lawson may miss extended time after new diagnosis on heel - Chris Dempsey - Denver Post