Tonight, a Noche Latina look at the Nets' loss to Los Bulls.
Zéro - Number of combined points from Reggie Evans, Keith Bogans, MarShon Brooks and Kris Humphries in tonight's game.
Dos - Los Bulls aren't a great home team this season. Coming in, they were 16-14 at home and 17-11 on the road. However, the Nets played in Brooklyn last night and had to take the ojo rojo into Chicago. The younger, more athletic Bulls were ready for them.
Seis - The Nets' new ranking in the Eastern Conference as Los Bulls passed them with the victory.
Ocho - The number of points starting PF Reggie Evans has scored in the last seven games. That's in 21:19 per game - a total amount of 2:29:16. That's two-and-a-half hours of court time.
Ocho - The number of points All-Star Brook Lopez scored in the last three quarters of tonight's game. He was the only Net to shoot over 50%, so more shots may have been warranted. Lopez wound up with 22 points after a strong start. He did not attempt a single shot in the second quarter.
Ocho - The difference in Los Bulls' shooting percentage (52%) and the Nets' shooting percentage (44%). Deron Williams went 4-12 after coming in hot.
Once - The lead the Nets had 8 minutes into the game.
Catorce - The number of points by which the Nets were outscored in the second quarter. They wound up losing by 11.
Veintiuno - Los Turnovers. Lots of them.
The Nets now have three days off before they play the Bobcats in Charlotte Thursday. Williams, Joe Johnson and Gerald Wallace all look like they could use a few days to recuperate. Could Coach Carlesimo use that time to evaluate players and make some changes in his rotations? There have been some signs in the past few games - Mirza Teletovic getting minutes, Lopez playing with Andray Blatche for a short time tonight - that something may be happening on that front.
Whether there are changes or players simply improve with rest, the Nets are sliding down the standings and will be looking to get back on the winning track before their division and conference foes get too far away.
- Box Score - NBA.com
- Noah, Boozer lead Bulls past Nets 96-85 - Andrew Seligman - AP
- Nets vs. Los Bulls - (Video) - NBA.com
- Dunk of the Night - Brook Lopez (Video) - NBA.com
- Butler Big Time Oop (Video) - NBA.com
- Inside the Locker Room with Jimmy Butler (Video) - NBA.com
- Noah's Mean Block (Video) - NBA.com
- Noah over Lopez (Video) - NBA.com
- Nets' broadcast booth breaks down loss to Bulls (Video) - Ryan Ruocco & Mike Fratello - YES Network
- Carlesimo on turnovers, shot selection in loss (Video) - YES Network
- Mirza Teletovic talks about Nets' loss (Video) - YES Network
- Lopez on struggles in second quarter, loss to Bulls (Video) - YES Network
- Slothful Brooklyn Nets let up on defense, allow Joakim Noah and Chicago Bulls to gain commanding lead and win - Stefan Bondy - NY Daily News
Nets Fall to Bulls - Zach Schonbrun - New York Times
- Nets fall to Bulls, have long, difficult road ahead - Rod Boone - Newsday
- Rapid Reaction: Bulls 96, Nets 85 - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
Rapid Recap: #Bulls 96, #Nets 85 - Jim Mancari - SNY Nets
- Struggling Nets drop second straight after ugly loss to Bulls - Tim Bontemps - NY Post
- Rapid Reaction: Bulls 96, Nets 85 - Nick Friedell - ESPN Chicago
- Kirk Hinrich turns back clock as Bulls beat Nets - Mark Potash - Chicago Sun-Times
- Bulls-Nets: Joakim Noah leads Chicago Bulls over Brooklyn Nets - K.C. Johnson - Chicago Tribune
Noah's arc continues upward with another big night for Bulls - Reuters