Paul Pierce's hand wasn't just bruised.
The Nets reported Monday that the 10-time all-star will miss two to four weeks with a "non-displaced fracture of the third metatarsal of the right hand.
@andrewkeh ouch— Marc Carig (@MarcCarig) December 2, 2013
Pierce has experienced pain in recent days and missed the Nets game in Memphis, with Alan Anderson and Mirza Teletovic filling in for him.
Pierce has been troubled by shooting woes all season.
The Nets still have Deron Williams, Andrei Kirilenko and Jason Terry on the injured list. D-Will, the team announced, is definitely out vs. the Nuggets on Tuesday and is listed as doubtful for the Knicks on Thursday. There's no timetable for the return of Kirilenko or Terry, other than that they'll be out for at least this week. Brook Lopez returned to the lineup this weekend after missing seven games.
- Paul Pierce out 2-4 weeks with broken hand - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Paul Pierce has fracture, will miss 2-4 weeks - Rod Boone - Newsday
- Nets’ Pierce Out With Fracture in Shooting Hand - Andrew Keh - New York Times
- Paul Pierce of Brooklyn Nets has broken hand, out 2-4 weeks - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Another blow to Nets: Paul Pierce out 2-4 weeks with broken hand - Kurt Helin - Pro Basketball Talk
- Nets' Paul Pierce out 2-4 weeks with broken hand - Royce Young - CBS Sports
- Paul Pierce injury sidelines him for 2-4 weeks - Devin Kharpertian - The Brooklyn Game
- Paul Pierce injury: Nets veteran out 2-4 weeks with fracture in right hand - Kevin Zimmerman - SB Nation