The commercial is entitled, "Hear what you want to hear" and is an ad for the new noise-cancelling headphones.
"Focus is everything," the copy for it reads. "Kevin Garnett wears Beats by Dre Studio Wireless to stop the noise and silence the haters."
It opens with KG reading and then being distracted by Skip Bayless commentary in which the ESPN analyst tells Stephen A. Smith that Garnett and Paul Pierce are too old --and that chemistry right out of the gate is unlikely. Garnett silently puts on his Beats by Dray headphones and heads for the game, presumably against the Knicks, along the way tuning out abusive fans. Only when he takes the court does he remove them.
- Kevin Garnett's New Beats by Dre Ad Is Tough, Brave and Relentless (Video) - David Giantasio - Adweek
- Garnett Uses Beats to Drown Out Obnoxious Knicks Fans (Video) - Beth Snyder Bulik - Advertising Age
- Watch Kevin Garnett Use 'Beats By Dr. Dre' To Quiet Heckling Knicks Fans (Video) - Business Insider
- Kevin Garnett does not hear you calling him old (Video) - Kurt Helin - NBC News
- Kevin Garnett stars in incredible three-minute commercial for Beats By Dre - Devin Kharpertian - The Brooklyn Game