Since the game was not televised or broadcast on the radio in the New York market, there isn't much proof there was a game at all - so it's a good thing our own NetsKiNG sacrificed himself and ventured to Philadelphia to witness this game for all of us.
Click here to visit his twitter feed, which has his impressions and photo evidence that this game was not only played, but - unlike that felled tree - at least someone was around.
For those interested in the gory details, Chris Johnson and Mirza Teletovic led the Nets with 21 each, with Johnson hitting 5-of-7 from three and Teletovic, playing small forward for the first time, 5-of-9. The big Bosnian also had 7 rebounds and 5 assists. Shaun Livingston, one of only two point guards active, came within two assists and one rebound of a triple-double, finishing with 17 points in 23 minutes. He didn't miss from the field, going 7-of-7.
Among the starters (you remember them), Joe Johnson had 18 including four three-pointers, and Brook Lopez had 17 on 7-of-14 shooting in the first half, looking unstoppable.
As for the 76ers, best not to say too much.
- Box Score - NBA.com
- Sixers vs. Nets Highlights - Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
- Game Hightlights: Nets vs. Sixers (Video) - NBA.com
- Blatche to Livingston (Video) - NBA.com
- Turner Puts 'em on Skates (Video) - NBA.com
- Lopez Finishes (Video) - NBA.com
- Defense to Offense (Video) - NBA.com
- Mirza Teletović 21 PTS, 7 REB, 5 AST BKN@PHI -(Video) - MT33
- Nets romp past 76ers in preseason, 127-97 - Associated Press
- Garnett Says Nets Are ‘a Work in Progress’ on Defense - Andrew Keh - New York Times
- Livingston lights up 76ers in Nets' win - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- KG on sitting vs. C's: Not my decision - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Livingston excels in Deron’s absence - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Sixers get dose of reality in preseason loss to Nets - Eliot Shorr-Parks - Star-Ledger
- Nets win a preseason laugher over Sixers - Devin Kharpertian - The Brooklyn Game
- KG: Tomorrow vs. Celtics not about me - Devin Kharpertian - The Brooklyn Game
- Garnett: I'm a "super-fan" of Reggie Evans - Devin Kharpertian - The Brooklyn Game
Livingston Beating the Odds - Lenn Robbins - Brooklyn Nets
- NBA: Nets have way with ‘experimenting’ 76ers - Christopher A. Vito - The Mercury
- Instant Replay: Nets 127, Sixers 97 - Dei Lynam - Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
- Sixers get taste of rebuilding in loss to Nets (Video) - John Finger - Comcast SportsNets Philadephia
- Wyatt struggles as Sixers get routed by Nets - Keith Pompey - Philadephia Inquirer
- Sixers come up small in 30-point loss to Nets - Christoper Vito - Delco Times
- Wyatt, Blue competing for one spot? - Tom Moore - County Courier-Times
- Carter-Williams discusses his developing shot (Video) - Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
- The Sixers are blown away by the Nets in preseason action - Dei Lynam - Comcast SportsNet Philadephia