Interestingly enough, of the six writers, four of the writers picked the Nets over the Knicks.
Here are a few highlights:
- Steve Aschburner notes that both teams are flawed, but thinks the Knicks are playing at a more sustainable pace, meaning, he doesn't think the Nets can keep up the P.J. "bump."
- Fran Blinebury doesn't think the Knicks 3-point shooting "attack" is sustainable.
- Jeff Caplan likes how inspired the Nets are playing and doesn't think the Knicks can maintain their health over the long-haul.
- Scott Howard-Cooper picked the Nets to win the Atlantic to start the season, so... he's going to stick with them.
- John Schuhmann thinks it's even, really, but since the Knicks have a 2-game lead in the loss column he's giving them the nod.
- Sekou Smith thinks it'll go down to the final days of the season, and he gives the nod to the Nets due to their momentum.
It's a great read, and I highly suggest you read it in detail. But it is refreshing to see the Nets get chosen by four out of six writers, right?
- Blogtable: Who Ya Got, Knicks Or Nets? - NBA.com