Buried in Billy King's 45-minute "media availability" Tuesday morning was a comment that was born out by events later in the day.
"I like the group of guys that we’ve put together," King said, "personality-wise and talent." He was speaking of the team's chemistry. It's the under-appreciated aspect of both the summer and now the fall. All 18 Nets players are at PNY Center playing five-on-five games, working in the weight room...committed. Three of them were doing community events in Brooklyn and they all seemed to have a good laugh at the expense of one of their own.
Even the bad boy of the group was described by King as being in the best shape of his career and excited about the opportunity.
- Nets Have Big Goals and Audacious Dreams - Howard Beck - New York Times
- Nets will bring different mindset to camp now that move to Brooklyn is not an issue - Roderick Boone - New York Newsday
- The Nets Are Looking Fine—Just Ask Them - Scott Cacciola - Wall Street Journal
- Nets GM gushes over deep roster - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Humphries set for Nets opener vs. Knicks - Marc Berman - New York Post
- Brooklyn GM King talking Nets crown - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
Nets as title contender? Billy King thinks it could happen - Kurt Helin - NBC Sports