Please welcome Josh Childress...officially. The Nets announced Thursday afternoon that the 6'8" small forward, amnestied by the Suns in July, has been signed, reportedly to a one-year, non-guaranteed contract. If he makes the team, as expected, Childress will earn $1.04 million.
After four productive years for the Hawks (where he was teammates with Joe Johnson), the Stanford grad decided to try the Euroleague. After two years with Olympiacos of Greece, he returned to the NBA and signed a five-year, $33.5 million contract with the Suns. But in two years, he averaged only four points a game and with amnestied with $21 million left on his deal. The Nets are expected to invite three other players to camp, one of whom is Carleton Scott.
- Nets Sign F Josh Childress - Brooklyn Nets
- Childress officially on board - Rod Boone - New York Newsday
- Brooklyn Nets sign Josh Childress to contract - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Nets makes signing of Josh Childress official - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
Childress adds depth to Nets' roster - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Childress Signing Made Official, Nets Roster at 15 - Josh Newman - Zags Blog
- Brooklyn Nets sign veteran F Josh Childress - AP
Nets chance another low-risk, high-reward player - Greg Hrinya - Examiner