Kris Humphries back-to-back double-double seasons paid off big time for the Nets power forward. Brooklyn has resigned him. Marc Stein first broke the news.
The deal is reportedly two years at $24 million, all fully guaranteed. Humphries' haul brings the Nets off-season spending to more than $330 million, which David Aldridge called "unprecedented" in league history. The Nets are also at or near a payroll of $80 million, meaning Mikhail Prokhorov will pay a luxury tax of $10 million.
Hump's deal, like others before his, is considerably higher than what was anticipated by the league, but Humphries finished fifth in the NBA in rebounding last season and has been one for handful of players with back-to-back double doubles, 10 and 10 in 2010-11 and 14 and 11 in 2011-12.
Humphries confirmed the signing in a tweet, "I'm up at Brooklyn!", then in a loaded message to Jay-Z, added,
"@S_C_ "lucky I didn't have Jay drop me from the team" lol!" Kanye West, now seeing Hump's ex, Kim Kardashian, has rapped that he could get Jay-Z to drop him from the team. Mikhail Prokhorov quickly said that wasn't happening.
Kris Humphries, Brooklyn Nets agree to 2-year deal, source says - Marc Stein - ESPN
- Nets Continue Splurge, Re-Sign Humphries For 2 Years, $24 Million - David Aldridge - NBA.com
- To make sense of Nets deal, look south - John Hollinger - ESPN
- Rapid Reaction: Nets re-sign Humphries - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
Nets hitched to Kris for two more years - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Kris Humphries agrees to a new two-year, $24 million deal with the Nets - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
Kris Humphries signs with Nets - Roderick Boone - New York Newsday
Kris Humphries staying with the Brooklyn Nets - AP
- Nets re-sign Humphries to two-year, $24 million deal - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Kris Humphries Re-Signs With Nets as Team Heads to Brooklyn - Mason Levinson - Bloomberg News
Kris Humphries Nets $24 MILLION Payday - TMZ
NETS: Brooklyn Nets Agree to Re-Sign Kris Humphries - Brooklyn Nets