Deron Williams and Joe Johnson have never played together, not even on USA teams, aren't best of friends and have few ties but one, the one that counts: they play basketball at a high level and each craves the other's skills.
That was the message (well, one of them) at Friday's press conference at Brooklyn Borough Hall, where "Brooklyn's Backcourt" debuted on a stage.
"We’re definitely going to take a lot of pressure off of each other," Johnson said. "I haven’t had this much excitement probably since playing in my Phoenix days." Williams who once again said Johnson's acquisition was the "deciding factor" said of his new teammate, ""I've never played with a player of his caliber on the wing," Williams said, "where he can get his own shot and create for others."
Of the team, Johnson said the Nets have the personnel to "to win not just now, but right now."
- Williams, Johnson Happy To Team Up - John Schuhmann - NBA.com
- Joe Johnson introduced by (and to) Brooklyn - Roderick Boone - New York Newsday
Nets GM: Backcourt second to none - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Newly acquired guard Johnson says Nets are superior to Knicks - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Brooklyn Nets introduce new faces - Tom Canavan - AP
Nets have big pieces in place, but questions remain - Alex Raskin - HoopsWorld
Brooklyn Nets Introduce Players At Pep Rally (Video) - Roger Clark - NY1
- Brooklyn Nets Can Be Contender In Eastern Conference, But Needs More To Win NBA Title - Evan Roberts - WFAN
Photo Gallery: Welcome Brooklyn's Backcourt Brooklyn Nets
Can the Brooklyn Nets Win Over New York? - Reese Wiedeman - The New Yorker