Remember when the Nets would have a press conference to introduce their new draft pick? The pick or picks would hold up their Nets uniform jersey and smile before being asked about their hopes and dreams. Well, this year the Nets don't have uniform jerseys to hold up and their big get, Tyshawn Taylor, was taken at #41.
So, instead of standing on a stage, Taylor sat at a desk, answering questions over the phone. Still, he admitted he was thrilled as he watched the Draft at a Hoboken restaurant "I literally jumped from out of the building because I was so excited," Taylor said of playing for the Nets. "I feel like I’m a part of history."
Taylor also talked about his history of immaturity off the court and inconsistency on it. "I've matured a lot," Taylor said. "Four years at a program like Kansas, playing in that system, playing under a great coach -- I grew as a person." Taylor has a degree in communications. "Can't you tell?"
- A Homecoming, of Sorts, for a Kansas Star - Nate Taylor - New York Times
- Tyshawn Taylor glad to be on board, says he's matured - Rod Boone - New York Newsday
- Close to home, Taylor excited to join Nets - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
NBA Draft 2012: Tyshawn Taylor excited to come home to Nets - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Hurley: Nets Are Getting a Winner in Taylor - Adam Zagoria - Zags Blog
BREAKING Hoboken’s Taylor selected by Nets in NBA Draft - Hudson Reporter
- The Nets Now Have Seven Players on Their Team (Sorta) - Will Leitch - New York Magazine
- Nearby Nets draft Tyshawn Taylor after second-round slide - Lawrence Journal World
Nets' jersey a good fit for Taylor - Austin Meek - Topeka Capital Journal
- Taylor Happy to Come Home - Ben Couch - Brooklyn Nets
- Tyshawn Taylor's Message to Nets Nation - Brooklyn Nets (via Facebook)