On Tuesday, Deron Williams, still a member of the Brooklyn Nets, turned 28 years old. And they Nets showed him how much they appreciate him (and how desperate they are to keep him?) by putting a large Happy Birthday sign outside his front door in Manhattan.
The sign reads "Happy Birthday Deron! from your Brooklyn family."
Williams has been working out at the PNY Center in East Rutherford. He officially becomes a free agent at midnight on Saturday. Meanwhile, both Amy and Deron Williams both posted Instagram images taken from an upper floor of "New York by Gehry", Bruce Ratner's newest building, a 75-story apartment tower next to the Brooklyn Bridge. Deron described his image as "random."
- The Brooklyn Nets really, really wanted to wish Deron Williams a happy birthday - Dan Devine - Ball Don't Lie
- Brooklyn Nets get creative to wish Deron Williams happy birthday - Mark Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Nets leave huge Happy Birthday sign outside Deron's SoHo home - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Nets send Deron a b’day surprise - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Nets surprise free-agent-to-be Deron Williams with giant Happy Birthday card - Stefan Bondy - The InterNets
Nets send Deron a b’day surprise - John Rowe - The Record
- Darren Rovell's photo "The Nets go big wishing @deronwilliams happy birthday" - CNBC
- Nets Raise Their Offer To Deron Williams To A Birthday Party, Two Human Children - Barry Petchesky - Deadspin
Rejected Deron Williams birthday greetings from the Brooklyn Nets - Trey Kerby - Basketball Jones