In a conference call Monday afternoon, Jason Kidd reiterated he wants to back up Deron Williams, and that he would be fine doing that in Brooklyn. But Kidd also said he hopes to be back with the Mavericks next season. As for the Nets, Kidd said, “I think they have an owner that wants to win, but I think being able to go into Brooklyn and compete if they can re-sign Deron and get a couple other pieces, they can be a team that can compete in the East.''
Stefan Bondy wrote that Kidd said it's early, then brought up the Mavs and Nets, but added, "'My days of playing 38 minutes are over. ...me and Deron can play off each other'." Dwain Price, a Mavs beat writer for the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, noted Kidd also said he'd be fine returning to play for Dallas on a one-year contract.
Bottom line,for Boston Globe reporter Gary Washburn, "Jason Kidd said he is definitely look at Brooklyn as a viable option but said he wants to return to the #mavericks."
- Jason Kidd open to returning to Nets - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
- Jason Kidd says 1-year deal from Mavericks is OK - Dwain Price - Fort Worth Star-Telegram
- Jason Kidd OK as a Knick or Net - Steve Popper - The Record
- Kidd open to Nets reunion, mentoring Lin with Knicks - New York Post
Point Guard Jason Kidd Intrigued By Re-Joining Brooklyn Nets - WFAN
- Jason Kidd eyes the Big Apple - Alex Raskin - Star-Ledger
Kidd open to backing up D-Will in BK - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Kidd would consider joining Bulls - Mike McGraw - Chicago Daily Herald