Three days after getting eliminated by the Sixers at home, the Nets went down to Philadelphia and played spoiler, winning for the second time at the Wells Fargo Center, 95-89 on Friday night.
The teams traded leads in the first half and the second half was tight throughout. Gerald Green put the Nets up five with a three with 1:41 left in the game and MarShon Brooks hit a dagger three a minute later.
Green led five Nets in double-figures with 23 points, hitting four of his five threes. Brooks added 22 points and six rebounds. Deron Williams shot just 4-for-14, but had a double-double with 11 points and 10 assists. Kris Humphries picked up his 28th double-double with 18 points and 12 rebounds, and Jordan Williams added 13 points (six in the fourth quarter) and five rebounds.
- Boxscore - NBA.com
- Nets vs. Sixers (Video) - NBA.com
- Green, Brooks help Nets top 76ers 95-89 - Dan Gelston - AP
- Nets defeat 76ers on day their move to Brooklyn made official - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
Nets help Knicks, defeat 76ers, 95-89 - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Green scores 23 points in Nets' road win against 76ers - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
- Nets take down Sixers, 95-89, in Philadelphia - Andy Vasquez - The Record
- Nets’ youngsters have plenty to play for - Andy Vasquez - NJ Nets Nation
Post Game Plus (Video) - Nancy Newman - YES Network
- Sixers lose to Nets, fall to eighth place - John N. Mitchell - Philadelphia Inquirer
Young loses ball as Sixers fall to Nets - Martin Frank - Cherry Hill Courier-Post
Lynam's Instant Replay: Nets 95, Sixers 89 (Video) - Dei Lynam - CSN Philly
- Sixers' identity proves mixed with loss to Nets - Gordie Jones - CSN Philly