Come on, they have to win this one! The Nets are in Charlotte for an evening game with Michael Jordan's Bobcats who are the worst team in the NBA. They've won only four games, losing at a worse pace than the Nets when they won 12 games. They've lost four straight and 12 straight at home. They're averaging an NBA-low 86.3 points per contest.
The Nets have already beaten them once with a depleted roster. Now, they will have a full complement of 12 active players, the most they've had in weeks. What could go wrong? Lots, of course. The Bobcats four wins have come against the Magic, Knicks, Bucks and Warriors, at least two of whom could make the playoffs. They're also healthy. Bismack Biyombo missed the Spurs game with a strained left shoulder.
The game is of special importance for Anthony Morrow, a Charlotte native. Also, it looks like this could be a big game for Gerald Green, who Avery Johnson said is likely to split the small forward duties evenly with starter DeShawn Stevenson. Other than Shawne Williams and Damion James, both out for the season, and Mehmet Okur, who's missed 18 straight games with a bad back, the Nets are relatively healthy, but both Deron Williams and Kris Humphries are nursing sore calfs. The team experienced extreme turbulence on the flight down. No problem for roller-coaster aficionado Brook Lopez. "It was fun. I enjoyed it.''
- New Jersey Nets Game Notes - New Jersey Nets
- Charlotte Bobcats Game Notes - Charlotte Bobcats
- Getting Inside - New Jersey Nets - Sports Xchange
- Getting Inside - Charlotte Bobcats - Sports Xchange
- Nets-Bobcats Preview - Jeff Mezydlo - Stats LLC
- Nets want more shots for Deron - Fred Kerber - New York Post
Humphries takes calf-full approach - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Nets endure turbulence on flight to North Carolina - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Nets' Deron Williams hindered by ailing calf - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Green off to a good start - Andy Vasquez - The Record
- Nets need Deron Williams to keep taking shots - Andy Vasquez - The Record
- Resolving issues of 'abundant surrender' - Rick Bonnell - Charlotte Observer
- Bobcats vs. Nets - - Rick Bonnell - Charlotte Observer