The Nets' road winning streak came to an ugly end with a drubbing in Boston on Friday. Brook Lopez was the lone bright spot as the Nets turned the ball over 20 times and allowed the Celtics to shoot 52 percent.
A 15-2 run early in the first quarter put the Celtics in control, and 18-1 run midway through the second turned the game into a blowout. The Nets trailed by as many as 26 points in the third.
Lopez led all scorers with 28 points on 10-for-21 shooting, but grabbed just three rebounds in 35 minutes. Deron Williams scored 12 points and dished out eight assists. Paul Pierce led the Celtics with 27 points, while Rajon Rondo and Kevin Garnett both recorded double-doubles.
Gerald Green had his second double-figure scoring effort, with 11 points on 5-for-10 shooting, against the team that drafted him. He also played 25 minutes to starter DeShawn Stevenson's 15. Doc Rivers, who clashed with Green when the two were in Boston, said he's seen a new maturity in Green. Avery Johnson agreed, saying Green has watching a lot of video to improve his game.
- Boxscore - NBA.com
- Nets vs. Celtics: First half (Video) - NBA.com
- Celtics top Nets for 3rd straight, move above .500 - AP
- Nets fall to Boston Celtics, 107-94, despite Brook Lopez's performance - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Boston Celtics' Doc Rivers angered by Rajon Rondo report - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Nets ripped by Celtics - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Nets’ Green learns from mistakes - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Nets smacked around by Boston, 107-94 - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
- Nets fall to Celtics on road - Andy Vasquez - The Record
- Nets notes: Doc Rivers rooting for Gerald Green - Andy Vasquez - The Record
- Post Game Plus (Video) - Nancy Newman - YES Network
- From the Booth (Video) - Ryan Ruocco & Mike Fratello - YES Network
- Avery Johnson Press Conference (Video) - YES Network
- Jordan Farmer Interview (Video) - Jessica Taff - YES Network
Celtics crank it up - Frank Dell'Apa - Boston Globe
- Celtics top Nets for 3rd straight, move above .500 - Boston Globe
- Celtics make it happen - Mark Murphy - Boston Herald
- Rumor has it, he’s good - Steve Bulpett - Boston Herald
- For Garnett, it’s a numbers game - Steve Bulpett - Boston Herald
Nets' Green back in Boston - Jessica Camerato - Comcast Sports Net New England
- Rapid Reaction: Celtics 107, Nets 94 - Chris Forsberg - ESPN Boston
Unified Boston Celtics playing best ball during 'silly season' of trade rumors - Chris Forsberg - ESPN Boston
Rivers Sounds Off On Rumors - John Schuhmann - NBA.com