Woj has spoken. In both a tweet and a column, he writes Dwight Howard wants to be a Net and will be one either at Thursday's deadline or in free agency this July.
In a tweet, Adrian Wojnarowski wrote simply, "Whatever the Magic do at trade deadline, Dwight Howard's still determined to sign with the Nets in July."
Moreover, Woj added in his column that Howard has carried out a "complete ruse" on the Magic. "For everything Dwight Howard has told the Orlando Magic management about bringing him a stronger supporting cast, about the possibility that he could still sign an extension, it has turned into a complete ruse – a misdirection play on his eventual signing with the Brooklyn-bound New Jersey Nets, league sources told Yahoo! Sports."
Woj also writes that the Nets will low-ball the Magic if necessary "If Orlando goes to New Jersey before the trade deadline searching for a multi-team deal, the Nets are confident enough they’ll sign Howard on July 1 that they could reject any proposal that forces them to give up too many assets."
Meanwhile, in a statement Tuesday, Howard's agent Dan Fegan said in no case will Howard agree to extend his current deal, calling that request "ridiculous."
- Dwight Howard: He's determined to leave the Magic for the Nets, either now or later - Adrian Wojnarowski - Yahoo! Sports
Magic getting close to Dwight decision; Nets in lead - Ken Berger - CBS Sports
- Report: Dwight Howard already has made up his mind about leaving Orlando - Josh Robbins - Orlando Sentinel
Nets face financial obstacles to get Dwight Howard in free agency - Zach Lowe - Sports Illustrated
- Dwight Howard intends to sign with Nets, whether he is traded or not, report says - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Dwight Howard Trade Rumors: Magic Center Determined To Sign With Nets In Summer - Jeremiah Oshan - SB Nation
- Winderman: Why Orlando has to trade Dwight Howard - Ira Winderman - NBC Sports
Dwight Howard update: Magic want to talk to Lakers, Howard wants Nets - Kurt Helin - NBC Sports