Anthony Morrow played the game of his life on Friday, but he didn't have enough help, as the Nets fell to the Timberwolves, 108-105 at the Prudential Center.
The Nets led by one at the half, and that was the margin midway through the third quarter before the Wolves took control with a 12-0 run. They led by five heading into the fourth, but the Nets came back to take the lead and the game went back and forth in the final period.
A 7-0 run put the Wolves up five in the final minute. Morrow then hit a four-point play to put the Nets within one, but the Wolves made all their free throws and Deron Williams turned the ball over twice in the last 25 seconds, including on the final possession.
Morrow led the Nets with 42 points, shooting 13-for-20 from the field and 8-for-11 from 3-point range. It was the Nets' first 40-point game in three years, since Vince Carter scored 41 in March 2009. Morrow's teamates shot 38 percent. Williams added 12 points and 14 assists, but was only 5-for-18. Jordan Farmar finished with 14 points and seven assists, and Kris Humphries added 15 points and nine rebounds. The Nets dressed only 10 players.
- Boxscore - NBA.com
- Game Highlights (Video) - NBA.com
- Notebook: Wolves 108, Nets 105 - Adam Figman - NBA.com
- Wolves overcome Morrow's 42 to beat Nets 108-105 - Brian Mahohey - AP
- Rubio Helps Lead Timberwolves’ Transformation - Jake Appleman - New York Times
- Nets fall to Timberwolves despite Morrow's career night - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Williams' errant pass in the clutch dooms Nets - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
- Nets let Morrow's career-high effort go to waste - Andy Vasquez - The Record
- Morrow’s 42 points wasted as Nets fall - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Nets can’t handle Timberwolves’ Pekovic - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Timberwolves' Rubio finding his groove - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Post Game Plus (Video) - Nancy Newman - YES Network
- Avery Johnson Press Conference (Video) - YES Network
- Shawne Williams Interview (Video) - YES Network
Jordan Williams Interview (Video) - YES Network
- Rapid Reaction: T-Wolves 108, Nets 105 - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- D-Will's miscues overshadow Morrow - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
Morrow's career night not enough (Post-game Video Inside) - Gregory Hrinya - Examiner
- Big man Pekovic bolsters Wolves - Jerry Zgoda - Minneapolis Star Tribune
- What the Pek?: Wolves win 108-105 at New Jersey - Jerry Zgoda - Minneapolis Star Tribune